Ray Lytle

How do the rich really feel? A new survey offers insight
How do the rich really feel? A new survey offers insight

Recently CNBC asked a record number of millionaires a series of questions in what is the biggest ever poll of the richest Americans. The findings have been released and the results are somewhat surprising. The survey sample included millionaires who label themselves as either Republicans, Democrats, or independents. There were a lot of questions and to be honest I was a little surprised by the results so lets get into it..

For starters 51% of millionaires feel that Inequality is one of the biggest problems we have in this country. Thats right, the majority of people who are in the top 8% of this country agree with the rest of the 92% that the gap between rich and poor is growing and its a bad thing. That however is not the most shocking result … this one is…
Almost 70% of the wealthiest Americans think that a tax increase on the wealthy is needed in order to shrink the inequality gap. WHAT? let me repeat nearly 70 % of wealthy people feel that taxes on wealthy people need to be increased.
some other interesting results in this poll include the wealthy feeling that Hard Work is the number one reason for how they got wealthy, also on the list was Being born to the right family or in the right place
The number one answer from the wealthy as to why some people are poor is they have a lack of access to education.
ONly 5 % of millionaires feel shame over their wealth with most feeling a sense of accomplishment over their wealth,. The study is fascinating and I strongly suggest you check it out at cnbc.com It might just change the way you think about the wealthy

Latest Podcasts

Judy-Baar-Topinka-Dies-At-Age-70-665x385

Memories of Judy Baar Topinka

She was such a fantastic lady. ┬áRay remembers Judy and her dedication to public service plus her amazing sense of…

RAYKENNY

Chief Kenny Winslow wants body cameras

Ray and Chief Winslow discuss current relations between the Police and the African American community, thoughts on Ferguson and Staten…

'Interstellar' New York premiere

Review of the movie INTERSTELLAR

Finally took Nick Rogers advice and saw INTERSTELLAR over the weekend. My thoughts… It was good, really good. Bordering on…

trlslogo

Greg is the Master of Current Events Quiz

Ray creates the Current Events quiz and a listener named Greg becomes the contestant Ray wants to play every week.

trlslogo

Ferguson fears

Some listeners are convinced that the rebellion is coming and it all starts in Ferguson.