News

Home Confinement for Ex-Lawmaker Accused of Child Porn

Home Confinement for Ex-Lawmaker Accused of Child Porn

Photo: Newsradio WTAX

A federal judge has released a former Illinois state representative on $4,500 bond but ordered him confined to his home pending trial on charges of possessing child pornography.

Keith Farnham was also barred from using computers or having unsupervised contact with anyone under 18. A judge set those conditions Wednesday at an initial hearing in the case.

The 66-year-old Democrat from Elgin resigned his seat in March after agents searched his home and state office.

A complaint released Monday says Farnham possessed videos depicting child pornography on a computer. The document also provided graphic details about images allegedly sought and traded by Farnham online. Some were allegedly of children under 10 years old.

After he resigned last month, Farnham said he had to attend to “battling serious health issues.”

Recent Headlines

6 hours ago in Local

UIS Breaks Ground on Student Union

5-4-16 UIS Groundbreaking

Ground has been broken on what is being referred to as the "Living Room" for the students of the University of Illinois Springfield.

7 hours ago in Local

Aeropostale to Close Springfield, Forsyth Stores

aeropostale

Aeropostale files for Chapter 11.

7 hours ago in Local

Social Service Groups Sue Governor for $100M Past Due

Illinois Republican gubernatorial candidate businessman Bruce Rauner participates in a Republican gubernatorial candidate debate Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, in Springfield, Ill. The four Republican gubernatorial candidates said that they’ll be willing to work with unions if elected but differed on how to approach the relationship during a downstate debate that largely focused on pension reform, taxes and just briefly on personal issues that have dogged some of the candidates.

Five dozen social service agencies working without pay for nearly a year because of the Illinois state budget stalemate are suing Gov. Bruce Rauner.

7 hours ago in Local

Trial Set for 2 of 6 Men Accused of Dismembering Woman’s Body

Champaign Police Murder Arrests WAND

Two of the six men charged with dismembering a missing Champaign woman will be held for trial after a judge heard testimony from a detective.

8 hours ago in Local

Death Knell for Graduated Income Tax

tax

Sponsors blame Rauner