News

No comment from Woody Allen on son’s Golden Globes backlash

No comment from Woody Allen on son’s Golden Globes backlash

GOLDEN GLOBES CONTROVERSY: Director and actor Woody Allen, poses as he arrives for the French premiere of Blue Jasmine, in Paris, Tuesday, Aug. 27. Photo: Associated Press/Christophe Ena

Woody Allen hasn’t commented on the backlash against him from ex Mia Farrow and the couple’s son, Ronan, but the director’s lawyer is defending him.

Farrow and Ronan attacked the director on Twitter following a Golden Globes tribute on Sunday night.

Farrow posted a tweet as the director was honored with the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement at the ceremony, suggesting she would no longer be watching, and his estranged son used social media to reignite allegations that the director sexually abused his own daughter when she was seven.

Ronan’s remarks, which read, “Missed the Woody Allen tribute – did they put the part where a woman publicly confirmed he molested her at age 7 before or after Annie Hall?” refer to claims made by Allen’s adopted daughter, Dylan, in 1992, when she accused the moviemaker of molesting her.

Dylan repeated the allegation last year in an interview with Vanity Fair.

Defending his client, who did not attend the Golden Globes, against the latest attacks, lawyer Elkan Abramowitz says, “Years ago it was determined that the allegations concerning Woody and his daughter were false and totally improper.”

Recent Headlines

in Local

Rail Interest Group Seeks to Save Amtrak Dollars

Fresh
amtrak

Governor proposes big cut in state subsidy

in Local

Durbin Is Upset Human Trafficking Bill Is Stalled

Fresh
durbin

Abortion-related diversion could be at work

in Local

Springfield City Council Continues Food Truck Debate

3-10-15 Springfield City Council

The Springfield City Council will continue discussions on whether or not to place more regulations on food trucks, and will do so with Ward Six Alderman Cory Jobe's amendment reducing how far away a truck must be from a brick-and-mortar restaurant down to 500 feet.

in Local

Springfield Unemployment Continues Decline

jobs

The Illinois Department of Employment Security says unemployment continues to decline in Springfield and Sangamon County.