News

Mark Wahlberg could be the next ‘Six Million Dollar Man’

Mark Wahlberg could be the next ‘Six Million Dollar Man’

MARK WAHLBERG:The next Six Million Dollar Man? Photo: Associated Press

Actor Mark Wahlberg is reportedly in talks to star in a movie reboot of “The Six Million Dollar Man.”

The show ran from 1974 to 1978 and now filmmaker Peter Berg is working to bring the series to the big screen, according to The Tracking Board.

If the “Transformers: Age of Extinction” star signs on to the film, it will reunite him with his Lone Survivor director.

The movie, which centers on an astronaut whose body is rebuilt with nuclear powered limbs after an accident, has been in development since the 1990s with Jim Carrey and Leonardo DiCaprio previously attached to star.

Recent Headlines

in Local

City Needs Extra $3.5 Million to Cover Healthcare Costs

Health

It appears health care costs for city of Springfield employees went over budget by more than three million dollars this fiscal year.

in Local

Lincoln Woman Gets Prison Time: Embezzles Two Million Dollars

money

A Lincoln woman will serve nearly 4 years in prison for embezzling two million dollars over 17 years.

in Local

Rauner Pushes “Right to Work” Zones

Illinois Republican gubernatorial candidate businessman Bruce Rauner participates in a Republican gubernatorial candidate debate Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, in Springfield, Ill. The four Republican gubernatorial candidates said that they’ll be willing to work with unions if elected but differed on how to approach the relationship during a downstate debate that largely focused on pension reform, taxes and just briefly on personal issues that have dogged some of the candidates.

Gov. Bruce Rauner says one of his priorities for his first year in office will be creating so-called “right to work zones.”

in Local

Lawmaker Introduces Measure to Cut GA, Officer Salaries

money

An Illinois lawmaker has introduced legislation that would cut the pay of elected officeholders by 10 percent.

in Local

Portions of MacArthur Blvd. Closed due to Sewer Cave In

road construction

Portions of southbound MacArthur Blvd. are down to one lane due to a sewer cave in.