News

Ivan Reitman backs out of ‘Ghostbusters 3′

Ivan Reitman backs out of ‘Ghostbusters 3′

WHO YA GONNA CALL?: Not Ivan Reitman. Photo: Associated Press

Director Ivan Reitman has stepped down as the brains behind the latest “Ghostbusters” movie.

The 67-year-old, who directed the 1984 ghost-chasing film and its 1989 sequel, helped co-write the script for the latest film and had to tweak the storyline when Harold Ramis, who was set for a small role in the movie, died last month.

Reitman will stay on as a producer.

The film is finally expected to start shooting early next year.

Original Ghostbusters star Dan Aykroyd is slated to return, but his co-star Bill Murray is not.

Recent Headlines

in Local

Benedictine Goes Adults Only

Fresh
local_news_generic

Growth in older population, reduction in traditional college-age cited

in Local

State Lawmaker: IDOT Not the Only Agency Whose Hiring Process May be Suspect

idot

Federal monitor to check agency on hiring practices

in Local

Rauner Denies Involvement in Springfield Reporter’s Resignation

Illinois Republican gubernatorial candidate businessman Bruce Rauner participates in a Republican gubernatorial candidate debate Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, in Springfield, Ill. The four Republican gubernatorial candidates said that they’ll be willing to work with unions if elected but differed on how to approach the relationship during a downstate debate that largely focused on pension reform, taxes and just briefly on personal issues that have dogged some of the candidates.

Bruce Rauner says his fingerprints are not on the Chicago Sun-Times.

in Local

Raymond Cub Scouts Still Improving

medical

Police say the condition of three Cub Scouts is improving after they were injured in a chemical explosion.

in Local

Springfield Unemployment Numbers Show Decline

jobs

Unemployment dropped in all of Illinois' metro areas in September