Flatulent cows spark fire at dairy farm

Flatulent cows spark fire at dairy farm

GASSY COWS: A German dairy farm caught fire from some serious flatulence. Photo:

BERLIN (Reuters) – Methane gas from 90 flatulent cows exploded in a German farm shed on Monday, damaging the roof and injuring one of the animals, police said.

High levels of the gas had built up in the structure in the central German town of Rasdorf, then “a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames,” the force said in a statement.

One cow was treated for burns, a police spokesman added.

(Reporting by Erik Kirschbaum; Editing by Andrew Heavens)

Recent Headlines

in Local

Less Enforcement of Handicapped Parking Violators


Secy of State: no money for it

in Local

Shop Securely, in the Store or Online


Credit cards provide security, BBB says - more so than cash

in Local

Be Safe While Shopping

toy store

Chemical, choking hazards