News

Comcast cancelation nightmare goes viral

Comcast cancelation nightmare goes viral

POOR GUY JUST WANTED HIS CABLE AND INTERNET SHUT OFF:A Comcast technician works on an Xfinity WiFi hotspot. Maybe if he was in the neighborhood he could have helped Ryan Block cut out the middle man. Photo: Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Cable and Internet giant Comcast is apologizing after a tech-savvy California customer posted eight minutes of telephone conversation online in which he tried repeatedly to get a customer service representative to disconnect his service.

The customer, Ryan Block, succeeds in getting the unidentified Comcast rep to agree to disconnect his service, but only after the rep repeatedly asks Block for a reason. At one point, Block says, “I can guarantee right now that you are doing an incredibly good job of helping your company be worse.”

Philadelphia-based Comcast said Tuesday the employee’s behavior is unacceptable and the company is “embarrassed” by it. Comcast said it would contact Block to apologize.

Block, who says he is a vice president for AOL, said he expects to talk to Comcast personnel.

Recent Headlines

in Local

Deal with 186 Teachers in Reach

school board headquarters

Springfield School District teachers have struck a tentative deal on a one-year contract

in Election 2014, Local

Slottag Seeks Ward 8 Seat; Theilen Alleges Political Meddling

municipalcenter

A familiar name is running for Springfield City Council.

in Election 2014, Local

Rauner: Quinn Needs Patronage

Bruce Rauner (R), Pat Quinn

Republican governor candidate Bruce Rauner wants everyone hired under patronage rules at the Illinois Department of Transportation, but given non-patronage, work to be fired.

in Local

Medical Examiner: Bel-Aire Owner Likely Died of Natural Causes

BEL-AIRE

The owner of Springfield's Bel-Aire motel likely died of natural causes.

in Local

Nearly 150 People Treated for Carbon Monoxide Exposure at North Mac Intermediate School

medical

Anywhere from 65 to 100 North Mac Middle School students were sent to Springfield hospitals Monday following a carbon monoxide leak.