News

Clippers’ Paul out for 6 weeks

Clippers’ Paul out for 6 weeks

PAUL IS OUT: Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul (3) falls to the court while dribbling past Dallas Mavericks shooting guard Monta Ellis (11) during the second half at the American Airlines Center. Paul sprained his right shoulder. Photo: Reuters

(Reuters) – All-Star point guard Chris Paul will be sidelined for up to six weeks because of a separated right shoulder but will not require surgery, the Los Angeles Clippers said on Sunday.

The Clippers announced the prognosis after Paul, 28, had a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exam earlier in the day and was also re-evaluated by team doctors.

Paul suffered the injury during the third quarter of the Clippers’ 119-112 win against the Mavericks in Dallas on Friday when he tripped over guard Monta Ellis.

He has since been diagnosed with a joint separation and “will be out up to six weeks”, the Clippers said in a statement.

Paul, a six-time All-Star, has appeared in 34 games for the high-flying Clippers this season, averaging 19.6 points, a league-high 11.2 assists and 4.6 rebounds.

The 23-13 Clippers, who sit tied for fourth in the 15-team Western Conference, were hammered 116-92 by the San Antonio Spurs on Saturday in their first game without Paul.

(Reporting by Mark Lamport-Stokes in Los Angeles; Editing by Gene Cherry)

Recent Headlines

in Local

Illinois Basketball Museum to Open in Pontiac

basketball

A museum dedicated to Illinois basketball glory will open to fans by 2016.

in Local

Effingham Cross Draws Nearly 10k Visitors

cross_crossroads

9,479 people visited the Cross at the Crossroads.

in Local

Illinois Threatens to Withhold Funds if School Districts Don’t Test

Student Testing

Chicago Public Schools have already declined to offer the PARCC assessment tests.

in Local

Springfield Teen Taken Charged in Tuttle Murder

policetape2

A 16 year old Springfield youth has been charged with First Degree Murder in Tuttle's death.

in Local

Durbin Introduces Bill to End Cuban Travel Ban

durbin

The travel ban has been in effect since 1960, ostensibly as a way to prevent Americans from supporting the Castro communist regime.