News

Arrest warrant issued for ex-‘Scandal’ star Columbus Short

Arrest warrant issued for ex-‘Scandal’ star Columbus Short

COLUMBUS SHORT: The former "Scandal" star stands accused of attacking his estranged wife, Tanee McCall-Short during a heated altercation at their home in California in April. Photo: Associated Press

A Los Angeles judge has issued a warrant for Columbus Short arrest after the embattled actor skipped a hearing in his domestic violence case.

The former “Scandal” star stands accused of attacking his estranged wife, Tanee McCall-Short, during a heated altercation at their home in California in April.

She claims he was intoxicated as he allegedly threatened her with a knife, pinned her down on a couch and began to choke her.

Short was due to face the accusations in court on Wednesday morning, but he was a no show, so the judge overseeing the case approved a bench warrant for his arrest, according to TMZ.com.

McCall-Short, who was previously granted a restraining order against her ex, is requesting further protection from the 31-year-old.

She filed to end their eight-year marriage last September.

News of his court absence emerges just a day after Short narrowly avoided becoming a wanted man in a separate criminal case on Tuesday after turning up late for another hearing.

It is not yet known which case Tuesday’s court visit was for, but he faces a felony charge of aggravated battery relating to a bloody bar brawl in Los Angeles in March and a count for public intoxication following an arrest in Dallas, Texas during the U.S. Independence Day celebrations.

Recent Headlines

in Local

Rauner Denies Involvement in Springfield Reporter’s Resignation

Fresh
Illinois Republican gubernatorial candidate businessman Bruce Rauner participates in a Republican gubernatorial candidate debate Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, in Springfield, Ill. The four Republican gubernatorial candidates said that they’ll be willing to work with unions if elected but differed on how to approach the relationship during a downstate debate that largely focused on pension reform, taxes and just briefly on personal issues that have dogged some of the candidates.

Bruce Rauner says his fingerprints are not on the Chicago Sun-Times.

in Local

Raymond Cub Scouts Still Improving

Fresh
medical

Police say the condition of three Cub Scouts is improving after they were injured in a chemical explosion.

in Local

Springfield Unemployment Numbers Show Decline

Fresh
jobs

Unemployment dropped in all of Illinois' metro areas in September

in Election 2014, Local

Durbin: Sun-Times Reporter’s Departure “Worrisome”

Republican state Sen., Jim Oberweis, right, offers to give Democratic U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin, more paper after Durbin joked about only getting one page of paper for notes before their first of two televised debates prior to the Nov. 4 election Wednesday, Oct. 22, 2014, in Chicago. Oberweis, a dairy entrepreneur from Sugar Grove, has acknowledged it will take a big GOP year to unseat Durbin, the second-ranking Democrat in the U.S. Senate who's represented Illinois on Capitol Hill for more than three decades.

Bruce Rauner’s campaign is being accused of bullying the Chicago Sun-Times, and U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) says that should be a troubling sign to voters.

in Local

Sears Announcement Doesn’t Include Springfield Stores

unemployed

Sears says it is closing more than 100 stores and laying-off more than 5,400 employees across the nation.