A group that salutes those who preserve history is preparing another round of awards. Landmarks Illinois has announced the winners of its 19th annual Richard Driehaus Preservation Awards.
One of the nine winners is not an historic building, nor is it a building of any kind.
“The Kaskaskia-Cahokia Trail goes back several hundred years,” says group president Bonnie McDonald. “It is where the first road in Illinois was established, now Route 3, linking some of the French colonial villages in Illinois.”
The winners are:
– Randolph Tower, Chicago
– Wildey Theatre, Edwardsville
– Harper Theatre, Chicago
– Kaskaskia-Cahokia Trail, Columbia
– Livingston County Courthouse, Pontiac
– Pomeroy Apartments, Chicago
– Pure Oil Building, Geneva
– Walgreens store (former Noel State Bank building), Chicago
– Washington Square Apartments, Moline